Scotty Cameron Introduces Four New Models to Super Select Putter Family: GOLO 6, GOLO 6.5, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar
CARLSBAD, Calif. (May 10, 2023) – The Super Select line of Scotty Cameron putters is now complete with the addition of four new models – the GOLO 6, GOLO 6.5, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar – arriving in golf shops on Friday, May 19.
Inspired by the long-term success of tour professionals who have trusted prior generation GOLO models, Cameron has refined this sought-after design with the new Super Select GOLO 6 and GOLO 6.5 mid-mallet putter offerings. Revamped Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar models further bolster a Super Select milled putter lineup that features new dual-milled face technology and enhanced feel in a variety of head shapes and neck configurations to appeal to nearly every golfer’s putting preference.
Both the new GOLO 6.5 and Fastback 1.5 models feature a new, precision sculpted “I-beam” neck design previously only available on the worldwide tours.
“While the GOLO has not been in our production putter line for several years, it has continued to be a winner across the worldwide professional tours. The LPGA Tour’s first major championship of the year – the Chevron Championship – as well the Honda LPGA Thailand, were won with GOLO models. J.T. Poston won the John Deere Classic last year with a GOLO, and we had four GOLO wins on the 2022 Japan PGA Tour. So, I’ve brought back the GOLO name and shape in a new size. It’s a classic mallet shape that offers a lot of forgiveness and alignment in a rounder, softer shape and low profile that’s really pleasing to the eye. And with the new GOLO 6 and 6.5 models, the size is my new favorite. Familiar models like the Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar have been refined with our new dual-milled faces for great feel, combined with the Super Select line’s performance weighting, finish and graphics. We now have a complete Super Select putter family with a model to suit nearly everyone who plays the game.”
The four new Super Select models offer golfers multiple options in 33", 34" and 35" lengths, each with a specific neck/shaft configuration – flow, jet or mid-bend shaft – and the proper sole weight designation for ultimate player flexibility, sizing and preference.
- Super Select GOLO 6: The GOLO returns in a new size as the Super Select GOLO 6, a rounded compact mallet precision milled from 303 stainless steel sized in between the previous GOLO 5 and 7 models. With a mid-bend shaft and an integrated sole plate machined from 6061 aircraft aluminum, the GOLO 6 includes the line’s new dual-milled face technology and stainless steel sole weights.
- Super Select GOLO 6.5: The Super Select GOLO 6.5 has a small I-beam jet neck and is precision milled from 303 stainless steel with a solid face and an integrated 6061 aircraft aluminum sole plate. It includes the line’s dual-milled face technology and adjustable performance weighting with stainless steel sole weights. A left-handed Super Select GOLO 6.5 is also available.
- Super Select Del Mar: The new Super Select Del Mar is a heel-shafted compact mallet with a flow neck precision milled from solid 303 stainless steel that includes dual-milled face technology and customizable stainless steel sole weights. It is also available in a left-handed configuration.
- Super Select Fastback 1.5: With a new precision sculpted I-beam jet neck – as well as the line’s new dual-milled face technology – the Super Select Fastback 1.5 is a mid-mallet with a solid milled putter face integrated with an engineered 6061 aluminum sole plate and stainless steel sole weights.
The complete Scotty Cameron Super Select line includes 10 blade and mid-mallet models: Newport, Newport Plus, Newport 2, Newport 2 Plus, Newport 2.5 Plus, Squareback 2 and now the GOLO 6, GOLO 6.5, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar. Introduced earlier in 2023, the Super Select family includes new “Plus” models, refined milling methods, revamped neck styles, better multi-material construction and engineered weight distribution.
- INNOVATIVE ‘PLUS’ DESIGNS: Scotty Cameron designed the Super Select Newport Plus, Newport 2 Plus and Newport 2.5 Plus models with slightly wider profiles than traditional blade dimensions to deliver mallet-like forgiveness and stability in slim, blade-like shapes. Plus models give players a familiar, blade-like view from address and increase MOI for a confidence-inspiring setup.
- NEW ‘DUAL-MILLED’ FACE TECHNOLOGY: The Super Select line introduced a new dual-milled face milling technology that takes sound, feel and feedback to a new level, combining the softness revered in previously released deep-milled putters with the feedback, consistency and roll of Scotty’s more recent mid-milled offerings. This new face technology brings a tour-inspired look and feel to every model in the Super Select line.
- NEW ‘I-BEAM’ NECK DESIGN: Super Select GOLO 6.5 and Fastback 1.5 models feature an "I-beam" neck design that Scotty adapted from putters he’s made for tour professionals. The precision sculpted necks give each model a racier, industrial look, but also allow for the removal and targeted repositioning of weight from the neck to the heel and toe of the putter head.
- PERFORMANCE WEIGHTING: Super Select GOLO 6, GOLO 6.5, Del Mar and Fastback 1.5 putters incorporate performance weighting technology featuring customizable sole weights precision milled in the United States from 303 stainless steel. Used in conjunction with purpose-built aluminum sole plates in the GOLO and Fastback 1.5 models, Scotty’s performance weighting concept allows for optimal weight distribution and proper performance at every length.
Each new Super Select putter features performance weighting with two customizable heel-toe weights (stainless steel for latest models) and stepless steel shafts.
Each Super Select model has a specific grip, designed to provide each putter’s proper swing weight, balance and correct in-hand feel. The new GOLO 6, GOLO 6.5, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar, each come with a textured Pistolero Plus grip that carries through the line’s color scheme. The Pistolero Plus has a larger profile in the top hand location near the butt of the grip and is also slightly heavier and provides the appropriate complement to the mid-mallet putters’ head shapes.
Super Select stainless steel putter heads all undergo Scotty’s silver mist process for a near-permanent, radiant, yet glare-resistant, appearance and texture. The 6061 aircraft grade aluminum components have been misted and anodized in a clear, bright aluminum finish. Scotty’s familiar three-dot theme carries through to the back cavities as unpainted, raw circles milled into the stainless steel. The engravings and sight lines are painted asphalt gray, except on the soles where Scotty Cameron is accented in cherry red translucent paint.
Scotty Cameron Super Select GOLO 6, GOLO 6.5, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar putter models will be available worldwide beginning May 19, 2023, through Titleist authorized golf shops. MAP: $629