Titleist Introduces the New AVX Golf Ball
Longer distance, improved short game spin, very soft feel
FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (January 19, 2022) – Titleist introduces the third generation of its AVX golf ball, improving upon short game spin and control, increasing driver distance, and providing even softer feel. The original AVX was engineered by Titleist in 2018 as a performance alternative to its flagship Pro V1 and Pro V1x by offering the lowest flight, lowest spin and softest feel of the three premium offerings. The new AVX reflects further advancements in the brand’s industry-leading multi-component technology with additional breakthrough results for golfers who prioritize distance and extremely soft feel in a urethane covered golf ball.
“Flight, Spin, and Feel are three key performance attributes we evaluate during our green-to-tee fittings and golf ball selection,” said Frederick Waddell, Director of Golf Ball Product Management, Titleist. “AVX provides a low flight, low spin, exceptionally soft feel alternative to Pro V1 and Pro V1x. With these three golf balls, plus Pro V1x Left Dash, every golfer that prioritizes performance can find a precise fit for their game.”
“With new AVX, we focused on what AVX golfers are asking for: improving upon the already incredible distance and feel that golfers love, while enhancing greenside spin,” added Waddell. “We achieved this by softening the urethane cover to achieve greater short game performance, while adding a new core formulation for speed, and new aerodynamics for flight stability and more distance.”
AVX is a premium, technologically advanced golf ball, and the golfers who play it choose AVX because it gives their specific game a performance advantage.
“All components of a golf ball are connected when it comes to performance,” said Mike Madson, Director of Aerodynamics and Research Engineering, Titleist. “When we set out to increase distance and enhance greenside spin, we looked at every layer of the golf ball for improvements. New AVX includes improvements to the core formulation, cover and aerodynamics. The dimple pattern is an area of constant innovation. We continuously design and test new dimple configurations so we can match an aerodynamic pattern specific to the golf ball construction. With AVX, the 348 catenary dimple pattern is optimized specifically for the low flight window of AVX to produce maximum distance.”
2022 AVX PERFORMANCE AND TECHNOLOGY
The NEW Titleist AVX golf ball has been reengineered to deliver unmatched performance in a low compression, multi-layered construction through proprietary core, cover and aerodynamic technologies:
- NEW REFORMULATED CORE generates high speed and low long game spin to drive more distance with exceptionally soft feel.
– Increases stiffness of the outermost portions of the core
– Keeps the center of the core soft
– Incrementally decreases driver and long game spin
– High Flex Casing layer promotes high ball speed and low spin on long shots for enhanced distance
- NEW SOFTER COVER contributes to increased greenside spin and control.
– Specific formulation developed by Titleist R&D, and precisely and exclusively cast by Golf Ball Operations.
– Increases the soft (urethane cover) over hard (high flex casing) differential which contributes to improved short game and greenside spin.
• NEW 348 TETRAHEDRAL CATENARY AERODYNAMIC DIMPLE PATTERN delivers a piercing, low trajectory while providing a consistent ball flight on all shots.
– 7 dimple sizes
– Part of the Pro V1 and Pro V1x evaluations that started in 2013
– The new pattern is longer and more consistent
– Designed exclusively for the low flight window of AVX
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: SRP Australia $76.95 - New Zealand $94.95
AVX is offered in both white and high optic yellow, and will be available in Australian and New Zealand golf shops beginning February 12, 2022.
AVX is made by Titleist associates at the company’s state-of-the-art Ball Plant 3 manufacturing facility in New Bedford, Mass. to the highest performance and quality specifications in the industry. By owning every step of the golf ball making process, Titleist ensures the most consistent performance ball to ball, and dozen to dozen.
TITLEIST GOLF BALL FITTING AND EDUCATION
The Pro V1, Pro V1x, Pro V1x Left Dash and AVX are differentiated based upon flight, spin, and feel. Compared to the flagship Pro V1, the new AVX flies lower, spins less and feels softer for most golfers. AVX has similar spin off driver and long irons and lower spin on short irons and wedges. Golfers are encouraged to determine for themselves which TITLEIST is best for them, and offers three different options to get fit:
- Online Golf Ball Selection Tool
- Golf Ball Fitting Events
- Virtual Consultations
To learn more and find the best option for you, visit: https://www.titleist.com.au/fitting/golf-ball-fitting