FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Feb. 9, 2021) – Drawing on his extensive experience with golf’s greatest players, Scotty Cameron has bolstered the high-tech Phantom X family with four new tour-inspired setups. The updated Phantom X 5 and Phantom X 5.5 replace current in-line models, while the new Phantom X 11 and Phantom X 11.5 - compact wingback mallets - add new options engineered for performance.
Available March 26 in golf shops worldwide, the new Phantom X putters are inspired by the designs that Master Putter Maker Scotty Cameron has crafted for tour players around the globe. All four putters feature solid stainless steel faces and bodies with new shapes and neck configurations.
The Phantom X 5 and Phantom X 5.5 models have been completely revamped and replace the current putters as a rolling change. The new Phantom X 11 and Phantom X 11.5 were developed based on player requests for a slightly smaller setup in the spirit of the Phantom X 12 and 12.5 models.
“Working with our game’s best players gives me great perspective into what they are looking for in a mallet putter. From the types of metals used to the subtle changes in shaft bends, these new Phantom X models offer brand new, highly requested options that build on our most popular models from 2020. I’ve had so many people asking for a putter like Justin Thomas’ gamer – and the Phantom X 5.5 is my direct answer. It has a solid 303 stainless steel face and body with aluminum in the sole and a small slant or ‘jet’ neck for more toe flow. For less toe flow, we have the Phantom X 5 with the single bend shaft. With the Phantom X 11 and 11.5, I was able to design a more compact wingback mallet with a stainless steel face in conjunction with 6061 aircraft aluminum for a look and feel that just performs while being very stable and forgiving. This line extension adds four new options that will most definitely pique the interest of mallet players.”
An integration of steel and aluminum, each new Phantom X putter created for the line was engineered specifically with a solid, precision-milled 303 stainless steel face and body, expertly fused with a 6061 aircraft grade aluminum sole and flange component:
- SOLID STAINLESS STEEL FACE/BODY CONSTRUCTION: Precision milled in the United States from a block of solid 303 stainless steel, each new Phantom X putter (5, 5.5, 11, 11.5) was designed with a solid stainless steel face that is carried through to the body/wings and integrated with an aluminum sole/flange component for performance and playability with consistent sound and soft feel.
- TOUR-INSPIRED SHAPES: Each new Phantom X setup evolved from player input specifically related to the line’s most popular models – the Phantom X 5 and Phantom X 12 – with requests for more compact overall head sizes, refined swept-back wings and more tour-like configurations inspired by the design of those mallets.
- NEW NECK/SHAFT CONFIGURATIONS: The Phantom X 5 and Phantom X 11 were designed with a stepless steel shaft engineered to minimize face rotation during the putting stroke by incorporating a single “mid-bend” aimed directly down the target line. The Phantom X 5.5 employs the small slant neck made famous on tour with its seamless shaft-over configuration. The Phantom X 11.5 has a stepless steel shaft with a single “low-bend” aimed down the target line to promote an arc path for more toe flow or a more “blade-like” feel in the putting stroke.
2021 PHANTOM X LINE EXTENSION NEW MODELS: The new additions to the Phantom X line offer golfers the choice of two compact mallet model shapes, each with two specific neck/shaft configurations:
- Phantom X 5: Going well beyond an update, Scotty completely re-designed the new Phantom X 5. A solid precision milled 303 stainless steel face is carried through to the body and wings and integrated with an aluminum sole component and stainless steel sole weights. This revamped mid-mallet is reminiscent of past Futura models with its slightly more compact profile and wingback shape. Configured to be nearly face balanced, this tour-proven model with its single bend shaft and sight line on the topline, has also been crafted with darker alignment features in the flange to simplify setup and increase confidence.
- Phantom X 5.5: Inspired by Justin Thomas’ tour setup, the new Phantom X 5.5 replaces its predecessor and includes the small slant neck inspired by JT’s configuration, as well as the same overall sizing and material makeup. Designed to promote subtle toe flow with stability, it has a milled sight line on the topline. The solid face/body is precision milled 303 stainless steel integrated with an aluminum sole/flange component and customizable stainless steel sole weights. Available in both right and left-handed.
- Phantom X 11: The new Phantom X 11 shares design similarities with the wingback Phantom X 12 and new Phantom X 5, yet provides a new option in compact, performance-oriented mallets. Its solid face/body is precision milled from 303 stainless steel and integrated with an aluminum sole component for optimal weight distribution, balance and feel. With its sleek profile and swept-back trimmed wings, the new Phantom X 11 has a clean topline and provides darker visual alignment cues from address with its misted back flange milling and raised single sight line in light gray. Phantom X 11 has a mid-bend shaft to minimize face rotation during the stroke and customizable stainless steel sole weights.
- Phantom X 11.5: Identical to the Phantom X 11 - except for its shaft configuration - the new Phantom X 11.5 adds another compact mallet option to the high-tech Phantom X line. The low-bend shaft enhances toe flow, while stability is provided via the new solid face/body, precision milled from 303 stainless steel and integrated with an aluminum sole/flange component. With its sleek profile and swept-back trimmed wings, the new Phantom X 11.5 has a clean topline and provides darker visual alignment cues from address with its misted back flange milling and raised single sight line in light gray. With customizable stainless steel sole weights, Phantom X 11.5 provides optimal weight distribution, balance and feel.
Each new Phantom X putter features advanced stability weighting with two customizable stainless steel heel-toe weights and stepless steel shafts.
Each new Phantom X model’s stainless steel putter head components have been misted for a radiant - yet glare resistant - appearance. The 6061 aircraft grade aluminum components have been misted and anodized black. Scotty’s familiar three-dot theme carries through to the back cavities of the Phantom X 5 and 5.5 as unpainted, raw circles milled into the stainless steel. The sight lines on the Phantom X 5 and 5.5 are painted black, while sight lines on the Phantom X 11 and 11.5 models are accented in light gray.
The new Scotty Cameron Phantom X putter models will be available in Australian and New Zealand golf shops on March 26 with a suggested retail price (SRP) Australia: $629 & New Zealand: $679 .