Now on Tour: New Titleist Drivers and Fairways
CARLSBAD, CA. (June 20, 2022) – The new Titleist TSR drivers – the next generation of the most played drivers on the PGA TOUR – are making their worldwide debut this week at the Travelers Championship.
Today’s introduction of the new TSR drivers, together with the new TSR fairway metals, marks the start of the tour seeding and validation process for the upcoming Titleist metalwoods line.
Collaborating with the game’s best players throughout the R&D process, and then earning their final validation, is critical to the development of all high-performance Titleist golf equipment.
Titleist Tour Representatives will be working with players over the next three days at TPC River Highlands, fitting them into the new TSR models and gathering their performance feedback.
Thursday’s opening round will mark the first opportunity for players to game the new TSR metalwoods in competition.
Stay tuned to Titleist.com and Titleist's social channels for updates as this process continues over the coming weeks across the worldwide professional tours.
TITLEIST DRIVERS ON THE GAME’S BIGGEST STAGES
- Titleist is the most played driver on the PGA TOUR, as it has been since the 2018-19 season, with more players gaming TSi driver models than any other brand since their introduction on tour in September 2020.
- Titleist is the PGA TOUR’s winningest driver since the debut of TSi (25 victories).
- The winner of the U.S. Open played a TSi3 driver – the most popular driver model at the U.S. Open, and on the PGA TOUR – marking the second consecutive major win for TSi drivers. Justin Thomas also played a TSi3 driver in his victory at the PGA Championship.
- Titleist drivers are the top choice at the game’s biggest amateur championships. Titleist was the most played driver at the recent NCAA Men’s Championship, The Amateur Championship (R&A) and St. Andrews Links Trophy (where all three winners also played a TSi driver), as well as year’s U.S. Amateur and U.S. Junior Amateur championships.
- TSi is the winningest driver this season on the LPGA Tour (T1), and the choice of the reigning Augusta National Women’s Amateur Champion.
- Among the world’s best currently playing a Titleist TSi driver: Max Homa, Sungjae Im, Danielle Kang, Nelly Korda, Jessica Korda, Cameron Smith, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Will Zalatoris, as well the 4th- and 13th-ranked players in the Rolex World Rankings (LPGA) and 10th- and 14th-ranked players in the Official World Golf Ranking (PGA TOUR).