Completes Popular TSi Metals Line with Adjustable Hosel Hybrids Complements TSi Driver and Fairway Metal Momentum on Tour and in Marketplace
CARLSBAD, Calif. (Feb. 17, 2021) – Titleist has consistently promoted hybrids as scoring clubs – as opposed to rescue clubs - and the new TSi2 and TSi3 hybrids represent a new standard within the category. Engineered for golfers seeking long iron replacements, these new hybrids offer two distinct looks and performance options, including improved adjustability, sound and feel.
The new hybrids complete the popular TSi metals line, complementing the TSi2 and TSi3 drivers and fairway metals, which have gained considerable momentum across the worldwide professional tours and in the marketplace since their November introduction. Both models feature Carpenter 455 forged faces.
- The tremendously forgiving TSi2 is the ‘workhorse’ hybrid, maximizing performance by providing high launch and easy distance for players with a sweeping delivery. The larger, classic profile is designed for players who prefer the look of a fairway metal.
- The TSi3 hybrids are distinctly different in looks, adjustability and performance from the TSi2. Designed with a compact, squarer toe and very little face progression, the fast-launching TSi3 hybrids feature a similar SureFit CG Track Technology system as the new TSi3 fairway metals, allowing the ability to manipulate adjustability towards the toe or heel. The TSi3 hybrids, designed with direct feedback from Titleist tour staff, offer mid-launch, precise distance, and iron-like control, especially for players who hit down on the golf ball.
“One of the key points of difference in fitting and performance between the new Titleist TSi hybrids and the competition is the level of adjustability we offer, especially in the TSi3,” said Josh Talge, Vice President, Titleist Golf Club Marketing. “We all stress that golfers should be custom fit for drivers and irons, so why not hybrids? The golfer may need or want to increase or decrease loft, add a degree upright or make the club flatter. Those adjustability options are available with the new TSi hybrids and we think that, in combination with outstanding performance, sets these hybrids apart.”
Titleist has been the overwhelmingly most played hybrids on the PGA Tour since 2014, and according to J.J. Van Wezenbeeck, Director of Player Promotion, nearly 60 percent of current players are gaming their hybrid in a non-neutral setting.
“That is a really important statistic,” said Talge. “Given the significant number of players adjusting their hybrids at the highest level of the game, the need is even greater as you go down the pyramid. It is further proof we are improving the options and opportunities for all golfers - many of whom prefer or require hybrids – and helps them to play better and enjoy the game more.”
An extension of the Titleist Speed Project that began over three years ago, the new Titleist TSi hybrids combine the explosive speed, distance and advanced technology of TSi metalwoods. The new TSi2 and TSi3 hybrids will allow golfers to replace their long irons with even more speed, launch and precision.
Beginning February 17, golfers can experience the new Titleist TSi hybrids by attending a Titleist Fitting and Trial event (including Titleist Thursdays) being held at hundreds of locations nationwide. To find an event, or book a free fitting with a Titleist Fitting Specialist, golfers should visit https://www.titleist.com/fitting/appointments
The improved performance of TSi hybrids is driven by the innovative Titleist Speed Chassis, featuring technologies originally developed for drivers and fairways and now optimized for each hybrid shape:
- Thin, fast face: The fastest hybrid face Titleist has ever made delivers faster ball speeds and increased forgiveness.
- Optimized Weight Distribution. The crown and face thicknesses create a lower CG for higher launch and lower spin. The resulting increase in MOI creates a powerful combination of speed and stability.
- SureFit Hosel Technology. Both TSi2 and TSi3 hybrids feature Titleist’s patented SureFit hosel with 16 independent loft and lie settings, plus headweight adjustability to create a more consistent and optimized ball flight through precision fitting.
- SureFit CG Track Technology. The TSi3 hybrid models offer three unique positions – Toe (T), Neutral (N) and Heel (H) – to adjust clubhead CG and fine-tune ball flight. After adjustment, the new track design disappears into the sole of the club to allow for smooth turf interaction through impact.
- Features headweight adjustability (same as TSi2 driver and fairways)
- RH: 18º, 21º, 24º | LH: 18º, 21º, 24º
- Features headweight and SureFit CG track adjustability in three positions, the same as TSi3 fairways.
- RH: 18º, 20º | LH: 18º, 20º
The TSi featured shaft lineup extends to TSi hybrids with four aftermarket models developed by the game’s top shaft manufacturers using insights from Titleist’s industry-best motion capture and consumer testing. The featured shaft options include:
TSi hybrids made their PGA Tour debut at The American Express in January and were quickly put into play by some of the world’s best. In fact, the TSi3 shape was inspired by work at the Titleist Performance Institute with brand ambassadors Charley Hoffman and Webb Simpson. They liked a design between a utility iron and a smaller headed hybrid and the result was the new TSi3.